21 April 2024

Omnia (Actual) Progress Report 2024-04-21

Omnia is ready for playtesting. Ideally, I could release it now, but I know I need to see it in action and make any necessary changes before I reveal it to the public. The most fundamental question is, of course: Is it fun? If it passes that test, the next question is: Did any aspect of the rules make it less fun? If the answer is affirmative, the logical question after that is: What can I do to correct it? Those questions can only be answered by playtesting.

I am eager to playtest as soon as possible, so I will try two different approaches selected for expeditiousness. One approach is to write a brief adventure for a genre and setting with which everyone is familiar; the other approach is to take an existing adventure published for another game system and adapt it to Omnia. Now is not the time to produce a masterpiece of adventure design. Now is the time to test Omnia through play, take notes, and decide what, if anything, needs to be changed.

I'm inspired, and I can't wait to see what unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment