11 July 2024

The Tightrope

Once again, I am doubting myself and re-evaluating a) what I want Omnia to be, and b) how to get there. I imagine how I want the game to be played, and then I imagine how everything will be subverted, misinterpreted, and generally twisted out of recognition. It is not meant to be compatible with every conceivable style of play nor is it a "One True Way." I just want to create a role-playing system that doesn't punish players for being creative or seeing their characters in more than two dimensions. I want to create an anti-min-maxing system that still allows players to customize their characters. This is the tightrope I am walking.

I am also having second thoughts about a variety of other issues, and I am concerned that my perfectionism will cause this project to languish until it is forgotten. Am I overthinking this? Let me think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment